About SR Real Estate Partners
Doug Smolev and Bill Riehl began the partnership in 2016 and decided that the right opportunities for the multi family and student housing markets were in North Carolina. We believe our strategy of seeking multi family sites in high growth markets where absorption is quick and rent growth is high steers us to markets such as the Raleigh-Durham triangle and Charlotte as well as seeking new markets that are proven growth areas.
By focusing on these principles during market and site selection, we believe that we can achieve the returns necessary to move forward on these projects. We are actively negotiating deals in both the Raleigh Durham area and the Charlotte area.
Doug has been in residential real estate development for over 32 years. Doug has overseen sales and marketing for over 60 new developments since 1989, successfully marketing over 3000 new homes for many of the NY areas largest Developers including Ginsburg Development Corp, Wilder Balter Properties, and Caspi Development. For the last 20 years, Doug also has developed several dozen new high-end luxury single family homes in various partnerships.
Since 2007, Doug has been developing commercial properties with retail, residential and hospitality components. Most notably, Rivertowns Square in Dobbs Ferry which includes 116,000 SF of retail, 202 residential rental apartments and a 138 room Hilton Garden Inn. The Collection in White Plains is another mixed-use development located directly across from the upscale “Westchester Mall”. Doug assembled 5 properties to create the development. The Collection will include over 26,000 SF of retail and 276 rental apartments
Doug earned his BA in political Science from The George Washington University in May 1985 and followed with an MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management in December 1986.
- Clover Ridge Estates Subdivision: Yorktown Heights, NY (1997-1998)
- Single-Family Homes, 3,400 SF range
- $2,500,000 Sellout
- Arrowcrest at Ardsley (1998-2000)
- Single-Family Homes, 3,400 SF range
- $10 Million Sellout
- Stone Manors at Purchase (2002-2006)
- $36,400,000 Sellout
- Single-Family Estate Homes, 6,000 SF range
- Rivertowns Square: Dobbs Ferry, NY (2009-2017)
- Mixed-Use Development
- 202 Rental Apartments
- 138-Room Hilton Garden Inn
- 116,000 SF Retail Anchored with Cinema and Grocery Store
- Total capitalization of $150,000,000+
E-mail Doug: dsmolev [at] sr-rep.com
Bill is responsible for the supervision, coordination and completion of all Construction Management and Homebuilding activities within the firm. Mr. Riehl previously held the positions of Operations Manager, Vice President and Chief Construction Officer with Ginsburg Development Companies, LLC (GDC) before starting his own business in 2005.
In his positions with GDC, Mr. Riehl was responsible for the daily construction operations in multiple home building regions including Westchester, Rockland, and Dutchess Counties in New York, and all operations in the state of Connecticut. During his tenure with GDC, Mr. Riehl was responsible for managing numerous multi-million-dollar luxury homes and mid-rise construction operations, while simultaneously overseeing the Purchasing and Estimating, Warranty Services and Development departments. During this time, Mr. Riehl assembled and managed a team of more than 100 employees and was responsible for the completion of multiple projects with a sell-out value in excess of $1.0 Billion.
Mr. Riehl is a member and designated Graduate Master Builder, certified Graduate builder, certified Green Professional of the National association of home builders. Mr. Riehl is also a member of the Builder Association of the Hudson Valley, Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Fairfield County, a licensed Westchester and Putnam County Home Improvement Contractor and State of Connecticut New Construction and Remodeling Contractor.
- Construction Management of Kingfield, a 110 unit Townhouse and single family community in Rye Brook, NY
- Construction Management of Kensett, a 62-unit Townhouse Community in Darien, CT
- Construction Management of Palmer Hill, a 195-unit Townhouse & Midrise Community in Stamford, CT
- Construction Management of Poet’s Landing, an 82-unit Townhouse Community in Danbury, CT
- Construction Management of The Willows at Crestwood, a 40-unit Townhouse Community in Tuckahoe, NY
- Completion of a 5,000 SF Fertility/Extraction Facility in White Plains, NY
- Construction Consulting on projects in Muttontown and Dobbs Ferry, NY
E-mail William: wriehl [at] sr-rep.com